Stories, Questions, and Mysteries

Stories, Questions, and Mysteries

Sunday 3 January 2016

Another New Year so greetings to you.

Happy New Year or Sabadi bi mai (My transliteration of the Thai and Laos greeting)
I hope the coming year is a good one for you and that though it is impossible for it to be trouble free that your skills at managing trouble are a good match for what occurs in your life.
Currently I am having a few quiet days apart in Watmai Buddhavongs, Denton Avenue St Albans in Victoria with the Buddhist monks here. Their Buddhist tradition from Laos and Thailand is different from our Zen way, but we are all Buddhists, and interested in meditating. The local Laos community has been here in abundance the last two days for chanting, renewing commitments to their way and eating with the monks.
Almost by accident this morning I came across the Ted talk to which I attach a link:

http://www.ted.com/talks/robert_waldinger_what_makes_a_good_life_lessons_from_the_longest_study_on_happiness?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2016-01-02&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_content=talk_of_the_week_button

At a time when many of us are considering how to feature the coming year I offer the above which I found academically sound, evidenced based and of the highest ideals for any mortal. I found it simple, warm and rewarding. I hope you get a chance to enjoy it.
http://www.ted.com/talks/robert_waldinger_what_makes_a_good_life_lessons_from_the_longest_study_on_happiness?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2016-01-02&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_content=talk_of_the_week_button


No comments:

Post a Comment